Friday, May 21, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken Menu for a BIG crowd

I have made this many times for my family and we have always enjoyed it. One day I brought it to school for leftovers and my friend Bobbie tried it. She loved it and immediately asked me to change the menu of the ladies meeting from roast beef to the chicken. I was a little leery of doing it in such a massive quantity, but it turned out to be a big hit. All 175 ladies loved it!

40 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into cubes
7-50 oz. cans of cream of chicken soup
13 lb. sour cream
3/4 c. poppy seed
24 sleeves of Ritz crackers, crushed
24 sticks of butter, melted
20 lb. of rice, cooked

Mix chicken, soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds in a BIG bowl (or several batches). Divide evenly among 8 steam table pans. Sprinkle with crushed crackers. You will use about 3 sleeves per pan. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until crackers are slightly browned on top. Serve over top of rice. This recipe will serve about 200 people.

With the chicken, we served green beans (8-6 lb. cans), Sister Schubert rolls (7 bags of 30 rolls), and salad (6-3lb. bags). I also made about 5 gallons of tea and lemonade with bottled water. For dessert we had strawberries over pound cake with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment