Monday, September 6, 2010

Baked Oatmeal


I have never had anything like this before in my life. I am not even an oatmeal fan. However, I was looking for something to add into the morning breakfast rotation for the kids. This is amazing! It comes out somewhat like the consistency of a soft, moist granola. You could eat it plain, with a spoon. But, I spooned it into a bowl and stirred in a little milk with it. It was really great! I'm going to store it in the fridge and in the morning try to microwave individual servings with a little milk and see how it turns out. A whole recipe will last us several days if it works like I hope. Try this, you will not be disappointed!

3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment