Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fried Mustard Cubed Steaks

This was one of those recipes that as I was making it, I felt it was going to be a horrible mistake. But, boy was I wrong! This was so delicious and the meat was so tender! Everyone in the family enjoyed it. I promise, you will not be disappointed!

1 bottle of Dijon mustard (I used the WalMart brand)
1-1/4 cups water
6 beef cubed steaks (1/3 pound each)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Oil for frying

In a large resealable bag, combine mustard and water; add steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dip steaks in flour mixture. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°.
Fry steaks, two at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment