Friday, March 25, 2011

Shredded Beef Tacos

I've been lagging on my posting lately. Please forgive me. I have been cooking, I promise. And while there have been no major cooking disasters, there haven't been any cooking triumphs, either. Nothing worthy enough of a blog post.
But here's one I really liked this week. Shredded Beef Tacos. Yummy. A lot of people like to make tacos or mexican night every week. It's an easy meal to make that each family member can tailor to their own tastes. Today's recipe is a nice twist on tacos. The same good stuff, but with a little jazz added to it!

3-4 lb. chuck roast
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
2 pkg. taco seasoning
1/4 c. of water
Flour Tortillas

Put the roast into a crock pot. Cover with onion rings, one package of taco seasoning, and water. Cook on low for 8 hours (or on high for four hours), or until tender. Shred beef with two forks and add remaining package of taco seasoning (I only used half the package). Stir together, add a little water if needed, and cover. Cook on high for another half hour, or so. I used this time to prep all my taco toppings.

For our toppings:
Shredded lettuce
Shredded cheddar cheese
Pico de Gallo (Wal Mart has some in the produce section that is super yummy)
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
Sour Cream

These were super yummy and made taco night seem not quite so boring! Try this, you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment