Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Breakfast Bars

This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE breakfast recipe.  Don't think this is something special or fancy.  It's not.  It's super easy to do.  Maybe that's why I like it so much. My mother also used to make this when I was a little girl for our Christmas morning breakfast.  Maybe it's the memories of those Christmas' that make me like it so much.  For whatever reason, you should try this!

1 Roll of Crescent Rolls
1 pound of sausage (regular or spicy)
5 eggs
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Press the crescent roll dough on the bottom and up the sides of an 8 x 8 baking dish.  Brown the sausage in a skillet, drain off fat.  Crumble evenly over the dough.  Whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper together. Pour eggs over sausage.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  Bake in a 350 oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set.  Cut into squares and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment