Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies

If you are looking for an easy, delicious cookie recipe, then this is it!  I'm not really a "mint" fan, with the exception of Andes mints.  I remember when I was younger, and we would go to Olive Garden, and that was my first experience with Andes mints.  They used to keep the mints in a box by the hostess counter.  On my way out, I'd always "sneak" a handful.  Maybe that's why they don't keep them there anymore.  Anyways, here's the recipe.  Simple and yummy.  My favorite kinds!

1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 pkg. of Andes Mints

Mix the dry cake mix with the oil and eggs.  Once they are incorporated together, roll the mixture into 1 or 2 inch balls (your preference).  Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes at 350.  You want them barely done, so watch carefully so they don't get overcooked.  Immediately when you remove them from the oven, place a mint on top of each cookie.  It will take a few minutes, but once the mint melts, use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate and mint around the top of the cookie, like frosting.  Cool completely until chocolate frosting is set.

These are so delicious and rich.  Try them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment